Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Baseball keeps roaring        (Topic#28074)
Chet Forte 
Postdoc

Reg: 03-02-08
04-22-24 07:00 AM - Post#367669    

Another three game sweep after bouncing back from losing the Yale series. In the 3 games against Brown, we scored something like 45 runs and the pitching was better than it had been, especially in game 3 when Santana pitched a gem. We did this without Cooper and our best pitcher, Leon, who hasn’t been on the field all season as far as I recall. The Brown announcers didn’t have much to say about the 3 games (we played in Providence) but spent most of their air time talking about Brown basketball.

Columbia 37P6 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-14-06
04-22-24 09:47 AM - Post#367675    
    In response to Chet Forte

Yes, Columbia's bats were terrific throughout the series and the pitching was much improved. I thought the Brown announcers were excellent and enjoyed, of course, the compliments they made about the Columbia Baseball team. Certainly the Lions were "relentless" in Providence and Cole Hage is certainly an awesome player. At 6'4" 235 with both power and speed, I would assume that major league scouts are looking at him. But then everyone in the line-up were hitting like major leaguers this weekend.

Chet Forte 
Postdoc

Reg: 03-02-08
04-22-24 10:41 AM - Post#367678    
    In response to Columbia 37P6

Cole Hage controls the strike zone better than any Ivy hitter that I’ve seen in quite a while. Expect to see lots of intentional walks given to him next weekend even though it means putting the lead off man on base.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.411 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:53 PM