Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: a question for Bucknell posters        (Topic#3272)
Administrator 
Junior
Administrator
Reg: 11-08-04
07-19-06 04:01 AM - Post#21395    

There are some folks on Voy.com boards considering a switch to the new Basketball U. boards just like you all did this past season.

I'm sure they would appreciate hearing about the experiences of those who made the switch as they consider doing so themselves. If you have a minute to do so, please share your opinions of this board versus your former home.

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
Re: a question for Bucknell posters
07-19-06 01:16 PM - Post#21396    
    In response to Administrator

As I recall, we decided collectively to move because the Voy board was down a lot. Two other things that are better here: (1) no spam here; and (2) required registration has kept the nutcases to a minimum. I think the options are better on this board also.

ericatbucknell 
PhD Student
ericatbucknell
Reg: 01-22-06
07-19-06 03:53 PM - Post#21397    
    In response to Bison137

things i enjoy:

the 'community' atmosphere that having several boards in one location can provide;
the lack of spam and required registration;
the administratitive duties being for us; and
the fact that this board is cleaner, easier to use and is modifyable by the user.

my one concern:

what we do about football... with two suggestions. either encourage all discussion within the school boards or create school-specific sub-boards (within each schools board) where off-topic items like admissions, football, whatever... can be discussed.
The Bracket Bustin' Bison are Back!

Okay. First round streak BACK ON!

Administrator 
Junior
Administrator
Reg: 11-08-04
07-19-06 04:21 PM - Post#21398    
    In response to ericatbucknell

Sub-forums are definitely do-able, and I get the feeling an "other sports" board for each school would go over well with everyone. Perhaps some of your Patriot League cohorts from other schools would follow your lead and make the jump if they knew they wouldn't be confined to basketball discussion.

I'll add sub-forums to the to-do list.

KenZ 
Postdoc
KenZ
07-19-06 04:34 PM - Post#21399    
    In response to Administrator

i like the sub forums idea

for others visiting and contemplating the move, i would generally echo the thoughts of 137 and eric. one thing, you need to register and log on tho fairly judge the format and options. if you initially just read posts as a guest, as i did, you will probably erroneously conclude that the format sucks.

bison63 
Postdoc

07-19-06 10:01 PM - Post#21400    
    In response to KenZ

These boards are much better,plus there is a chat room which is a lot of fun during games. You find out you are not the only nut trying to keep up with your old college team.

M.Bison 
Freshman

Reg: 02-11-06
07-20-06 11:01 PM - Post#21401    
    In response to bison63

Agreed with the chat room aspect being great. I'm not a frequent poster here, but I definitely like it here and will hopefully be around more once the season gets closer.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.616 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:08 AM