Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Sonny Hill        (Topic#832)
10Q 
Professor

Loc: Suburban Philly
Reg: 11-21-04
02-27-05 12:56 PM - Post#5237    

I'm listening to Sonny's show this morning, hoping to hear a few words about Penn. So far Sonny is too busy talking about John Chaney and praising Alan Iverson's beautiful skin. Not sure what this is about. I've never really liked Sonny Hill very much. He spends way too much time talking about how much respect everyone has for him. What do others think of Sonny Hill?

TomPittsburgh 
maximus
TomPittsburgh
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Reg: 11-28-04
Re: Sonny Hill
02-27-05 01:26 PM - Post#5238    
    In response to 10Q

Sonny Hill is Sonny Hill. Who pays any attention to him?

palestra38 
Professor

02-27-05 01:34 PM - Post#5239    
    In response to TomPittsburgh

I disagree...while Sonny always has been about self-promotion, he gives everyone a chance to state their opinion (quite unlike most other Philly radio personalities). John Chaney is not only a friend of his, he goes way back with him in basketball and life. I can't get upset with a guy who gives support to a lifelong friend. By the way, did you listen to Hill? He was saying how concerned he and other friends of Chaney were about him---what bothers you about that. I suggest you get beyond the visceral reaction and listen to what he is saying....or don't listen to him at all.

10Q 
Professor

Loc: Suburban Philly
02-27-05 02:37 PM - Post#5240    
    In response to palestra38

I didn't have any problem with what Sonny said about Chaney. I mostly don't listen to Sonny exactly because of all the self-promotion, but this morning I wanted to hear what, if anything, he had to say about Penn. I imagine he had a few brief words of praise for Penn and Dunphy, but not while I was listening.

Buckeye Quake 
PhD Student

02-27-05 02:41 PM - Post#5241    
    In response to palestra38

Eloquently stated as usual p38. Whether i agree with you or not. And I happen to agree wholeheartedly in this instance. The Chaney situation is a tragedy of many dimensions. I would hope that we here would take a little higher ground than the morning and afternoon radio blowhards.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.179 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:39 AM