Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Best Rollout Ever        (Topic#883)
PennHawk 

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Reg: 12-03-04
03-06-05 04:03 AM - Post#5655    

kudos General - that was a great one! and extra points for the chutzpah of the placement! I hope you have found a worthy successor - those are some huge shoes to fill - you did a helluva job and will certainly be missed....

DCAJedi 
Masters Student

Loc: Somewhere.
Reg: 11-21-04
Re: Best Rollout Ever
03-06-05 04:40 AM - Post#5656    
    In response to PennHawk

for those who were not in attendance what did it say?
"Here will be an old abusing of God's patience, and the king's English."

The Willow 
Masters Student

03-06-05 04:48 AM - Post#5657    
    In response to DCAJedi

Harvard basketball is "innately inferior"

Red n Blue 
Masters Student
Red n Blue
Loc: South Jersey
Reg: 11-29-04
03-06-05 04:55 AM - Post#5658    
    In response to The Willow

Quote:

Yeah-- that was pretty funny. There was also a sign that said "Ivy Championships- Penn 23 Harvard 0".

Did anyone notice the sign yesterday "Congratulations to Dartmouth for clinching a .500 season." Why the kinder, gentler roll-out? Were we trying to show Dartmouth some hospitality as opposed to the hostility the band received at Dartmouth?

The Willow 
Masters Student

03-06-05 04:59 AM - Post#5659    
    In response to Red n Blue

I imagine it was supposed to be a dig that we were winning the league, and they were just happy to not be losing a majority of their games.

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah-- that was pretty funny. There was also a sign that said "Ivy Championships- Penn 23 Harvard 0".

Did anyone notice the sign yesterday "Congratulations to Dartmouth for clinching a .500 season." Why the kinder, gentler roll-out? Were we trying to show Dartmouth some hospitality as opposed to the hostility the band received at Dartmouth?

Howard Gensler 
Postdoc

03-06-05 05:26 AM - Post#5660    
    In response to The Willow

The rollout got a big chuckle from President Gutmann (who finished her first season as president undefeated - she missed the Rider game). Ironically, Gutmann's daughter, also in attendance, I believe is a grad student at Larry Summers U.

By the way, if Gutmann is half as good a president as she is a basketball fan, Penn made a great pick.

Note to the team: Gutmann will be at the NCAA game so you might want to keep her winning streak going.

PennHawk 

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Reg: 12-03-04
03-06-05 12:11 PM - Post#5661    
    In response to Howard Gensler

I loved when Gutmann went over and played cowbell with the band. I could just hear Christopher Walken yelling "More cowbell!" seriously, she gets huge props for understanding how to win over the hearts and minds of at least the basketball fans...

Anonymous 

03-06-05 02:18 PM - Post#5662    
    In response to PennHawk

Thanks Hawk. I hoped it wouldn't be too obscure so I placed it in quotations. I'm glad you liked it.

As for the placement...well...I figured since it was my last game at the Palestra as a student that I can burn my bridges with event staff security...

I did get a minor tongue lashing for that one...

Red n Blue 
Masters Student
Red n Blue
Loc: South Jersey
Reg: 11-29-04
03-06-05 04:03 PM - Post#5663    
    In response to

Quote:

Thanks Hawk. I hoped it wouldn't be too obscure so I placed it in quotations. I'm glad you liked it.

As for the placement...well...I figured since it was my last game at the Palestra as a student that I can burn my bridges with event staff security...

I did get a minor tongue lashing for that one...

Thanks for a great year with the rollouts, General!

Quaker Fan 
maximus

Reg: 11-23-04
03-08-05 04:07 PM - Post#5664    
    In response to

General - at the Dartmouth game, you and the ref had a discussion - what was it all about - was it just that you guys left the ball on the floor and did not pass it back to him or were you "discussing" a call...

Anonymous 

03-14-05 02:48 PM - Post#5665    
    In response to Quaker Fan

QF-

After the ball deflected out of bounds right into my hands, I lifted it above my head and let out a Braveheart-like battle cry. But, what the ref didn't appreciate was the fact that I proceeded next to slam the ball into the floor where it was to be inbounded.

- General

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.526 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:28 AM