Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: A Great Win        (Topic#923)
Ancient Quaker 
Masters Student
Ancient Quaker
Reg: 11-21-04
Re: A Great Win
03-09-05 08:22 PM - Post#5877    
    In response to Rob

Scaps may have been "run out of the ACC on a rail" (news to me, however), but he's done more than one Final Four game, I believe.

He and the rest of the crew certainly had a bad night last night. It was a tough game to officiate due to its physical nature, but that's what these guys get paid to handle. They failed.

Quakers03 
Professor

Reg: 12-07-04
Re: Senior Night
03-09-05 08:42 PM - Post#5878    
    In response to GoPenn

Quote:

In addition to Garrett Kreitz (starting PG), Dunphy started seniors Mike Melcher ("we want Melcher") and at least one other bench player in the 1998 loss to PU when PU was ranked in the top 10 and had the tournament bid locked.

That game turned into an overtime loss for the Quakers. After the narrow loss there was some moaning about whether Dunphy had the right idea starting the seniors, even though the game was meaningless in deciding the postseason (except for maybe Princeton's seed in the tournament, where they ended up a 4)..

Without question this was THE best game I have ever attended where my team came out on the losing end. Remember the flare? That game is how I will always remember the Penn/Princweton rivalry. The place was packed to the brim and the back and forth between the Penn and Princeton fans was unlike anything I had ever seen.

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.202 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:31 PM