Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Penn's Mindset        (Topic#998)
Penn90 
Masters Student
Penn90
Reg: 11-22-04
03-14-05 01:54 PM - Post#6541    

It's clear from today's Inky and Daily News stories that Penn thinks it has a shot to beat BC. Begley certainly thinks so, although Dunphy was understandably low-key.

Penn's been watching tapes of BC for weeks, according to the article, and they've got to feel good that they're going to play a team that they've had lots of time to study and prepare for.

I think BC might use some of Begley's comments as motivation but I think he's smart to be confident. It sends a good message to the younger players, plus Penn's looked awestruck in the recent past -- especially against Cal -- and that inferiority complex definitely hurts.
Leges sine moribus vanae

Anonymous 

Re: Penn's Mindset
03-14-05 02:52 PM - Post#6542    
    In response to Penn90

as one player told me, "i think that's a great matchup for us, but we haven't played against athletes since january."

TomPittsburgh 
maximus
TomPittsburgh
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Reg: 11-28-04
03-14-05 03:21 PM - Post#6543    
    In response to

BC plays a rather deliberate slow style of basketball which should favor Penn. In addion, there 3 point shooting, I believe, is not very proficient. This is the best matchup of all the 4 seeds.

pennindian 
Sophomore
pennindian
Reg: 12-09-04
03-14-05 03:46 PM - Post#6544    
    In response to TomPittsburgh

One thing that would have helped their mindset is to think of this as a 5-12 matchup, which it nearly was. Unless I'm mistaken, on the S-Curve, Penn was rated the best 13, and BC the worst 4. That's basically one step away from the famous upset matchups. If Penn looks at it this way, it will help their confidence for sure.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.581 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:43 AM